Pictures 'n stuff

Pictures 'n stuff
Theres a story behind this, but I shan't tell it.

Monday, September 19, 2011

'Da Willy Street Fair!

OMYGOSHITSSOFREAKINGAWESOME!

*Ahem*

For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about(and I'm betting it's most of you) the willy street fair is a fair(surprise, surprise). An awesome one.

Or, if you'd like, you can think of it as:

Oo! Lets take all the weirdest people we can find in Madison(and theres a lot, trust me), squish 'em all on one street, supply them with beer, ice cream, and music, and see what happens!

Despite the above statement, its actually a pretty safe fair(you just avoid the creepers and the drunk people, same as everywhere).


The fair starts out with a parade, which includes unicyclers(namely, me and some other people, although I'm technecally not in the uni group), stiltwalkers, jugglers, giant puppet-people-things, drums, bands, dancers, a german wheel(wheeled around by an elf), hula hoopers, a Bubble Mobile(ie, an old car with bubble-spewing tubas attached) random people throwing candy, and the occasional giant grasshopper.

Yes. Giant grasshoppers.

After the parade, everyone wanders around, looking at the stands which multiple people have set up. Stands selling jewelry, ice cream, pasta, Diablos, ribbons, stuffed animals, chicken, paintings, clay things, glass things, things in general...

It's a great place for people-watching, too(if you're one of those mildy creepy people who like just sitting and watching other people, anyway), namely because of all the interesting people.

How interesting, you ask? Interesting enough that no one gives me(a blonde chick running around barefoot in pink silk pants, a velvet shirt, and a green and purple top hat) a second look. And when I was riding a unicycle around barefoot, they take more notice of the fact that I'm barefoot then that I'm riding a unicycle, which I thought both interesting, and weird.

P.S:
For those of you who read the previous post(the one about me walking around in my socks at school), you might be amused to know that several of my teachers have made it point to remark on how nice it is to see me in shoes.

This may, or may not, have something to do with me writing "No one will notice if you don't wear shoes to Math, English, and Science" in my observation journal and turning it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment